A limited run of 75 pairs of the legendary Klipschorn® were created to commemorate Klipsch’s 75th anniversary.
The 75th Anniversary Klipschorn AK6 features a fully enclosed low frequency horn cabinet, offering more placement versatility in the listening room as the enclosure functions as a corner, delivering powerful bass performance and improved imaging. A 1” titanium tweeter and 90° x 40° Tractrix® horn extends the output of high frequencies beyond 20kHz.
- Includes commemorative box filled with Klipsch 75th anniversary gear – a true collector’s item
- Fully enclosed low-frequency horn cabinet
- A 1” titanium tweeter 90° x 40° Tractrix® horn
- Premium input and wire management system
- Unique real wood teak veneers and lambswool grilles
- A nostalgic 75th logo on the front of the speaker with a natural 2mm diamond to accentuate the specially designed logo made of sterling silver, hand-applied enamel, and rhodium plating
- A commemorative plaque with laser engraved serial number, date, and signature
- Designed and Engineered in the USA
- Includes 10-Year Warranty
75 YEARS + A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA
Each pair of 75th Anniversary Klipschorns includes an exclusive, engraved commemorative record-sized box with:]
- 75th-anniversary book
- 75th-anniversary poster
- 75th-anniversary logo lighted sign
- A pair of T5 II earphones engraved with the 75th logo
- A set of four leather coasters
- Free one-year membership to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History
- A three-month Qobuz membership
- Certificate of authenticity
- Certificate detailing care instructions for the diamond chip and 75th log
One of the only fully horn-loaded loudspeakers available to consumers, the Klipschorn has a three-way system with each driver coupled to a horn and optimized to operate in its individual pass-band. This allows the Klipschorn to be a staggering 10 to 20 times more efficient than other conventional loudspeakers. Higher efficiency yields greater acoustic power, which is generated with considerably less effort. The result is the cleanest, most dynamic sound possible throughout the entire musical range.
A 1” titanium tweeter, paired with a 90° x 40° Tractrix® horn, sets new levels of performance for dynamic range and output. The phase plug design extends high frequency performance to 20kHz, meaning you hear the most subtle high frequency details better than ever.
The Klipschorn’s low-frequency horn is fully enclosed. This eliminates the need for the loudspeakers to be positioned tightly in the corner of a listening room. The speaker only needs to be in the proximity of the corner to realize the horn’s full performance. Additionally, the enclosed back provides positioning flexibility to angle the speaker to achieve the best stereo imaging.
PREMIUM INPUT + WIRE MANAGEMENT
The Klipschorn’s premium, aluminum input panel is now hidden on the side of the speaker for best-in-class wire management.
Strong, versatile, and quality binding posts provide the capability for bi-wiring or bi-amping. The quality continues with internal wiring featuring carbon-loaded insulation, nitrogen-injected PE, and solid long-grain copper conductors.
According to Paul W. Klipsch, “the midrange is where we live” and is one of the most critical parts in any loudspeaker design. The Klipschorn’s midrange utilizes a 1 ½” compression drivers mated to a high efficiency exponential horn that maximizes the system’s power and performance. As a result, less distortion is produced by the amplifier and by the loudspeaker. That means clarity, accuracy and remarkable tonal definition.
MATCHED PAIRS | NEW LOOKS
The 75th anniversary Klipschorns feature a unique real wood teak matched veneer and lambswool grilles chosen specifically to highlight the elegance and longevity of the 75th anniversary Klipschorn while paying homage to the mid-century modern design tenets present in the Heritage series. A nostalgic 75th logo on the front of the speaker with a natural 2-mm diamond accentuates the specially-designed logo made of sterling silver, hand-applied enamel, and rhodium plating that ensures tarnish-free aesthetics that last a lifetime.
FINISHED TO PERFECTION
The 75th anniversary Klipschorns are truly special, particularly as heirloom-quality pieces:
- The 75th anniversary Klipschorns feature a unique real wood teak veneer and lambswool grilles chosen specifically to highlight the elegance and longevity of the speakers while paying homage to the mid-century modern design tenets present in the Klipsch Heritage series.
- A natural 2-mm diamond is the focal point of the specially designed logo made of sterling silver, hand-applied enamel, and rhodium plating on the front of the speaker
- A commemorative plaque with laser-engraved serial number, date, and signature
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE (+/- 4 dB)
|33Hz – 17kHz
|105dB @ 2.83V / 1m
|POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK)
|8 ohms Compatible
|HF: 4500Hz MF: 450Hz
|HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER
|K-77-D 1” (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
|K-55-X 2” (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
|LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER
|K-33-E 15” (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone woofer with a trihedral exponential folded horn
|Birch Plywood and MDF
|Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp